Eggplant Cowl

This pretty stitch is only a simple four row repeat, but knit with a soft yarn, it becomes a really pretty, lacy cowl. 
I used two skeins of Knit Picks Capretta in Regal with size 5 needles. 
CO 135
Row 1: k1, *k1, yo, k2tog; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 2: k1, p1, *p1, k1, p1; rep from * to end to last st, k1
Row 3: k1, *k1, k2tog, yo; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 4: k1, p1, *k1, p2; rep from * to end to last st, k1

Rep rows 1-4 until you have knit your desired length. 
I gently blocked this, to help even out the lace. 
Seam the ends together, and then weave in all remaining tails. 
My finished cowl is 27" around and 20" wide. The actual color is much darker, but the camera had a tough time picking it up. 
Enjoy!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

  1. Could this be done in lace weight yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this would look beautiful in a lace weight!

      Delete
  2. Could you give me an alternate yarn to use? i.e. red heart, lions brand. Thanks. Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Red Heart Soft, but you would have to change the needles to a size 8, maybe 9. For a finer yarn, I don't know of any that I've used that are similar to Capretta.

      Delete
  3. I love this pattern but would like to knit it using circulars. Do you have the pattern for that? Could you possibly email it to me? Thank you! Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest getting rid of the edge stitches, and then keeping rows 1 and 3 the same. For row 2, the pattern repeat would be (k1, p1, k1) across, and then row 4 would be (p1, k2) across.
      I think this should work, but I haven't actually tried it. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts