Zucchini Lasagna

I love lasagna. I was going to make a nice sauce- filled version for dinner. However, I noticed the zucchinis in the refrigerator.summer zucchinis take over the garden, and we don't want them to go to waste.  So, instead of shredding them, or chopping them up, I replaced thin slices for the typical lasagna noodles. Noodles. That's a funny word. 
Look at all that deliciousness oozing out!
Ingredients: 3- 4 small to medium zucchinis, a 16 ounce container or ricotta, an egg, about half a block of mozzarella, a jar of your favorite sauce, and grated Parmesan cheese. 
I didn't follow a recipe for this dish; I just made it up as I went. I love to do that with recipes, as it is different every time. So feel free to follow this recipe very loosely. You could use your favorite filling for regular lasagna, or even stuffed shells. Be creative here. 

1. Wash the zucchinis, and slice them very thin. This was kind of tricky. 
2. In your casserole dish, put a layer of zucchini on the bottom. 
3. Pour sauce on top of this layer. 
4. Mix the ricotta, Parmesan, and egg. Smear some on top of the sauce layer. 
5. Add a layer of shredded mozzarella. 
6. Layer more zucchini, sauce, the rest of the ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. 
7. Lay the last of the zucchini on top, then dump the rest of the sauce on top. Add a thick layer of mozzarella. 
8. The oven should be preheated to 350, and you can put this in the oven for about an hour and a half. 
Enjoy this delicious dish! 

Comments

  1. I was just given a lot of zucchini and I had already grated a bunch of them but wanted to use the rest for other things like a stir fry. Thanks for this recipe. I will try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts