Sterling Lace Scarf
This pretty silvery yarn is knit into an easy four row repeat lace pattern, making a beautiful scarf/wrap. It is a bit wider than an average scarf, but is perfect for spring and summer nights since it's open and airy, but just a little something to keep warm with.
I used about 1 1/3 skeins of Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering Tonal Hand Painted in Astoria with size 8 needles.
CO 64, long tail. To change the width, simply CO any multiple of 4.
K one row.
Row 1: k2, *k2tog, 2 yo, ssk; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 2: k2, *p2, k1, p1; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 3: k2, *yo, ssk, k2tog, yo; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 4: k2, *k1 , p3; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Repeat rows 1-4 until the scarf is the desired length. I blocked mine and found this stitch pattern opened up quite a bit, so keep that in mind when deciding when to BO.
After a row 4, knit 1 row, and then BO using JSSBO or any other stretchy BO. Block if desired, and weave in tails.
My finished wrap is 72"x16". This yarn has subtle color changes, from a darker gray to a medium silvery grey, and looks very pretty with this lacy stitch.
I hope you enjoy this pattern, and make one for yourself.
XOXO, Alyssa
I used about 1 1/3 skeins of Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering Tonal Hand Painted in Astoria with size 8 needles.
CO 64, long tail. To change the width, simply CO any multiple of 4.
K one row.
Row 1: k2, *k2tog, 2 yo, ssk; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 2: k2, *p2, k1, p1; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 3: k2, *yo, ssk, k2tog, yo; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Row 4: k2, *k1 , p3; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2
Repeat rows 1-4 until the scarf is the desired length. I blocked mine and found this stitch pattern opened up quite a bit, so keep that in mind when deciding when to BO.
After a row 4, knit 1 row, and then BO using JSSBO or any other stretchy BO. Block if desired, and weave in tails.
My finished wrap is 72"x16". This yarn has subtle color changes, from a darker gray to a medium silvery grey, and looks very pretty with this lacy stitch.
I hope you enjoy this pattern, and make one for yourself.
XOXO, Alyssa








What does the 11/3 mean? I'm trying to figure out how many skeins of yarn I should buy for this pattern?
ReplyDeleteThis SCARF looks so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteDark Gold Metallic Glitter
Green Bronze Metallic Glitter
I’ve always liked accessories that combine traditional craftsmanship with modern styling. Lace Stoles seem perfect for that kind of look.
ReplyDelete