Pastel Lace Edged Scarf

This scarf is a slightly grey/silver pastel purple, and had a pretty lace edge. This scarf is light and airy, perfect for spring, especially in any pastel color.


I used two skeins of KnitPicks Palette in Pennyroyal with size 8 needles.

CO 40, long tail. If you would like to change the width, you can change how many stitches you cast on for the garter section. My garter section is 18 stitches, so you could do 12 or 22 or any other number if you desired.

Row 1: k across

Row 2: k 18, [yo, k2tog] 10 times, yo, k2

Row 3: k across

Row 4: k 21, [yo, k2tog] 9 times, yo, k2

Row 5: k across

Row 6: k 24, [yo, k2tog] 8 times, yo, k2

Row 7: k across

Row 8: k 27, [yo, k2tog] 7 times, yo, k2

Row 9: k across

Row 10: k 30, [yo, k2tog] 6 times, yo, k2

Row 11: k across

Row 12: k across

Row 13: BO 5 sts, k across

Rep rows 2 to 13 for the pattern repeat. BO in JSSBO or another stretchy bind off after a row 11.

Weave in any remaining ends. I blocked this, to open up the eyelets and define the points made by the increases and bind off rows.


My finished scarf is 11"x76". I have discovered I really love the Palette yarn- they have such an extensive range of beautiful color options!


I hope you enjoy this pattern.
XOXO, Alyssa



Comments

  1. the pattern is lovely thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of this lovely scarf looks like the width stays the same. If you bind off five stitches on Row 13 each time, how does the stitch count remain the same please? Thanks, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I see that you add a yarn over and a stitch at the end of the yarn over rows and make up the stitches. Hope so! Had a senior moment lol. Susan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts