Mulberry Picot Shawl

This asymmetrical triangle shawl is knit with a deep purple/ red yarn, and has a picot bind off, making those pretty points. This shawl increases every row and decreases every fourth row, making it increase faster than the typical asymmetrical shawl. Due to the increases and decreases, this shawl knits up on the bias.


I used about one and a half skeins of KnitPicks Hawthorne Tonal Handpaint Fingering in Eugene with size 6 needles.

CO 3, long tail.

Row 1: k to last st, kfb

Row 2: kfb, k to end

Row 3: k to last st, kfb

Row 4: kfb, k to last 2 sts, k2tog

Row 5: k to last st, kfb

Row 6: kfb, (yo, k2tog) rep to end

Row 7: k to last st, kfb

Row 8: kfb, (yo, k2tog) rep to last 2 sts, k2tog

Repeat rows 1-8 for the pattern. After a row 3, bind off. I used a picot bind off, but you could just do a regular bind off if you would like. I used this tutorial for my bind off, as I had never attempted a picot BO before. Essentially, you cast on two stitches and the bind off four. This bind off takes a lot of yarn, so make sure you have enough!

I blocked this, and pinned each little picot to make them nice and sharp.

 

My finished shawl is 20" at the deepest point, 45" across the shortest edge, and 70" along the picot bind off. I love the colors in this yarn, and how the eyelets and garter emphasize the subtle color changes of red-violet, deep purple, and maroon.



I hope you enjoy, and make one of these!

XOXO, Alyssa

Comments

  1. Alyssa, this is just gorgeous. The little picots add so much. I have never done a picot bind off but I will learn for the joy of having this shawl at the end. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  2. If you are looking for stylish and fashionable Indian Italian accessories at best deals, then Malini Shop is one of the best choices you have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts