Fluffy Lace Scarf

This lace scarf is knit with a soft and fuzzy alpaca yarn, and a simple one row lace stitch. I believe this stitch is called purse stitch, and it has a really pretty effect, and is so easy.


I used 2 skeins of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Charlotte with size 6 needles.

CO 36, long tail. To change the width, use any multiple of 2.

Knit 1 row

Row 1: k1, *yo, p2tog; rep from * to end to last st, k1.

Repeat row 1 until scarf is the desired length.

Knit 1 row, and then BO using JSSBO or another stretchy BO.

Block, and weave in tails. I found this grew a bit while blocking, and I do recommend blocking to open up the lace.

My finished scarf is 90"x10". This stitch is so simple, but looks so pretty with the alpaca yarn. I would recommend using an alpaca  or mohair yarn, or something else with a bit of a fuzzy halo since it has such a nice effect, and makes the scarf so fluffy.


I hope you enjoy, and make one of these.

XOXO, Alyssa

Comments

Popular Posts