Blackberry Crescent Shawl

This shawl is a long and shallow crescent with evenly spaced eyelet rows and garter sections. The shawl is knit top down, and increases every row.


I used two skeins of KnitPicks Gloss Fingering in Blackberry. I used size 7 circular needles, to accommodate the large number of stitches towards the end.

CO 8, long tail.

Row 1: k2, (k, yo, k) into next st, k2, (k, yo, k) into next st, k2

Row 2: k2, yo, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2

Row 3: k2, (k, yo, k) into next st, k to last 3 sts, (k, yo, k) into next st, k2

Row 4: Rep row 2

Row 5: Rep row 3

Row 6: Rep row 2

Row 7: k2, (k, yo, k) into next st, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to end to last 3 sts, (k, yo, k) into next st, k2

Row 8: Rep row 2

Row 9: Rep row 3

Repeat rows 2-9 for the pattern repeat. Essentially, it is 3 repeats of rows 2 and 3, and then an eyelet repeat of rows 7 and 8.

For my edging, I did three eyelet repeats, so rows 7 and 8 three times. After a row 8, I bound off using JSSBO.

I blocked this, pinning it into the crescent shape. Blocking helped define the shape and open up the eyelets and garter.


My finished crescent shawl is 16" from the starting point at the center to the bottom edge, and about 60" along the inner edge, though it is curved because of the crescent shape. I like this crescent shape because it wraps nicely and seems to stay put more easily than a triangle shawl.


I hope you enjoy this shawl pattern.
XOXO, Alyssa

Comments

Popular Posts