Liquid Teal Scarf

This parallelogram scarf is a larger version of my popular Liquid Silver Scarf. I like the silver one, but this one is longer and wider, more suitable for colder weather than the silver one. The shimmery, silky yarn is really beautiful with the simplistic stitch pattern. 
I used three skeins of Patons Metallic in Metallic Teal with size 8 needles. 
CO 81sts
Row 1: k across
Row 2: k1, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to end across

Rep rows 1 and 2 until your scarf is the desired length. 
BO after a row 1, and weave in all remaining ends. This is a little tricky with the lacy pattern, but I've found that weaving it through the sort of vertical stripes the lace makes works pretty well. 
My finished scarf is 16" wide and 64" from end to end. I love the parallelogram shape the scarf makes, being worked up on the bias. The ends form nice triangular shapes with this stitch, making the scarf look flowy and smooth and not boxy at the ends. 
Enjoy this pattern!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

  1. Ooooh, with a non-shiny yarn I could make this for a guy (a fuss, non-shiny guy). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts