Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mist Cowl

This beautiful yarn has subtle color changes and a slight shimmer, making a lovely, lacy cowl. 
I used two skeins of Red Heart Boutique Midnight in Misty with size 11 circular needles. 

Co 84 sts, join without turning
Row 1 and 3: k all sts
Row 2: *k3, yo, sl 2 sts as if to knit, k next st, pass two slipped sts over k st, yo; rep from * to end to end of row
Row 4: *yo, sl 2 sts as if to knit, k next st, pass two slipped sts over k st, yo, k3; rep from * to end to end of row 

Rep rows 1-4 as many times as you would like. 
Co loosely after a row 1, in knit. 
I love the simple lace, and how the cowl scrunches up around my neck. My finished cowl is 30" around and 21" long. 
I hope you enjoy this pattern!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't wait to cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a beginner knitter and this perfect for practicing different stitches. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks nice, and somewhat easy. I will give it a try! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you gain stitches on every other row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of stitches remains the same. With every increase, there is a paired decrease.

      Delete
  5. Hi. What size needles would I need to knot this in double knitting wool and how many extra stitches would I need to make it the same size? Please and thank you in advance. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest using size 7 needles, maybe size 8. You can cast on any multiple of 6, and I would suggest trying maybe 120 stitches.

      Delete
  6. How big around are the size 11 circular needles. You say 2 skeins. Did you knit 2 yarns at same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size 11 needles are 8mm. I knit with one strand at a time, but used two skeins total.

      Delete
  7. How big around are the size 11 circular needles. You say 2 skeins. Did you knit 2 yarns at same time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How big around are the 11 circular needles. Did u knit with 2 strands of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How big around are the 11 circular needles. Did u knit with 2 strands of yarn?

    ReplyDelete