Saturday, April 9, 2016

Rose Lace Cowl

This lacy cowl is nice for spring, with the sweet lace and the bright color. 
I used a little over one skein of Simply Soft Light in Bubble Gum with a G hook. 

Ch 273, join, without turning with a sl st. 

Row 1: ch 2, *sk next ch, sc in next ch, ch 1; rep from * to end across, join with sl st in 1st ch of beg ch 2
Row 2: ch 1, *sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1; rep from * to end across, join with sl st in beg ch 1
Row 3: ch 2, *sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1; rep from * to end across, join with sl st in 1st ch of beg ch 2

Rep rows 2 and 3 until your cowl is the desired width. For me, I repeated rows 2-3 until I finished the first skein, and then I started on the second. 

Edging:
Row 1: ch 1, sc in every sc and ch 1 sp around, join to beg ch 1 with sl st
Row 2: ch 1, sc in next sc, * ch 4, sk 2 sc, sc in next sc; rep from * to end around to last 2 sc, ch 4, join in beg ch 1 with sl st
Row 3: sl st to ch 4 sp, ch 3 (counts as dc), (ch 2, dc, ch 4, sl st in 1st ch of ch 4, ch 1, dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch 4 sp, * sk next ch 4 sp, (dc, ch 2, dc, ch 4, sl st in 1st ch of ch 4, ch 1, dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch 4 sp; rep from * to end across, sk next ch 4 sp, join to 1st ch of beg ch 3 with sl st

Fasten off, and weave in ends. 
I did not block this because it's acrylic and acrylic typically doesn't block all that well, but if you're using a different type of yarn, like a wool blend, you could definitely block it go open the lace and define the points of the edging more. 
My finished cowl is 7"x54". 
I love the effect this simple lacy edging has on the scarf. 
Enjoy!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

9 comments:

  1. Pretty Cowl. Quick question about the directions - in row 1 what does the abbreviation "so" stand for? Should it be sc?
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, "so" should be sc. For some reason autocorrect always changes that! I fixed it, thanks for notifying me of that typo!

      Delete
  2. Love the pattern. I have crochet baby blankets and a lace trim for my daughter. Have 3 teens that I have been knitting for, I surely will attempt to make this beautiful cowl for them. Your site is absolutely wonderful . This senior loves it. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy my patterns!

      Delete
  3. Hi Alyssa, Love this pattern. But I love everything on your site. I have just spent the most enjoyable two hours just looking at all your beautiful crochet and knitting and also all your beautiful jewelry. Thanks you so much for sharing your wonderful talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my work!

      Delete

  4. Wow! Another perfect one for wearing here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have a brain block this morning, it seems the cowl is worked in rounds not rows. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete