River Rocks Cowl

This simple seed stitch cowl is knit in the round with five different colors of yarn, creating an ombre or color blocked effect. Knit with CaronXPantone, the color combination was pre-made for this cowl, but you could choose any colors and yarn you want!



I used two skeins of CaronXPantone in River Rock with size 9 circular needles.

CO 90, join without twisting.

Row 1: (k1, p1) around
Row 2: (p1, k1) around

Repeat these two rows.

Cast off loosely when you have nearly run out of yarn. Weave in any remaining ends.

For my color changes, I separated each skein into their five mini skeins. I started with one color, the lightest in my case, and wound the yarn into a ball, using the Russian join. I added each color with the Russian join until I had wound all five colors into a ball. When knitting, I didn't worry about where the color changes hit in the row, since you can't really tell with the texture of seed stitch anyway. Somehow, all my color changes occurred right near the start of my round anyway, but it's no big deal if it doesn't work out that way.



I noticed this yarn the last few times I've been to Michaels, but didn't buy any until my most recent trip because I wasn't quite sure what to do with it and if I was really a fan of color blocked looks, but I love the neutrals of this color combination.

My finished cowl is 13" tall and 29" around.


Enjoy!
XOXO, Alyssa


Comments

  1. Would love to see this Cowl in a crochet pattern! It's such a beautiful stitch pattern. Does anyone know a crochet stitch that would give this texture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given very good information, I thank you very much, this information is very helpful for me, that is why I have created this kind of information which is almost the same if you also want this kind of information. If someone reads, you can visit the majdashopping website for this and can read very easily through them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts