Speckle Shawl

This speckled yarn is knit into an asymmetrical triangular shape. It is slightly curved, due to the placement of the increases and decreases. Evenly spaced eyelet rows and garter sections keep the pattern simple to emphasize the speckled yarn.


I used one skein of Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering in Cosmic Speckle with size 8 needles.

CO 3, long tail.

Row 1: k 1 st, kfb, kfb

Row 2: kfb, k to last 2 sts, k2tog

Row 3: k to last 2 sts, kfb, kfb

Repeat rows 2 and 3 four times.

Row 4: kfb, (yo, k2tog) to last 2 sts, k2tog

Row 5: k to last 2 sts, kfb, kfb

Repeat rows 2 and 3 four times, then rows 4 and 5 once. Continue in this manner to create the evenly spaced garter and eyelets. Repeat until the shawl is the desired size, or until you are nearly out of yarn. BO using JSSBO or something stretchy after a row 5. Weave in tails. I was playing yarn chicken with this one, so make sure you have enough yarn to bind off, since there end up being a lot of stitches by the end.

Block this shawl if desired, to give it drape and to open the eyelets. The shawl naturally curves a bit, and I blocked it into the curved shape to emphasize it a bit more.


This shawl is 16" from the bottom starting point to the top, and about 60" along the bind off edge. I love the speckled yarn, with the vibrant fuchsia, blue, and black against the pale blue-gray background.

I wanted to make this shawl increase at a faster rate than my other asymmetrical triangle scarves, so I increased two stitches for every two rows instead of just one stitch every two rows. This resulted in this curved shape, and after knitting I discovered that this is sometimes called a boomerang shawl. I like the curved triangle, since it's different than the usual asymmetrical triangle. It also creates a bit of a spiral on the ends of the shawl.

I hope you enjoy this pattern.

XOXO, Alyssa




Comments

  1. Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result. 
    CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful to Dr kumar for helping me to win the eurojackpot. I have been playing the lottery for 5yrs now and i have never win anything and i was so frustrated and i need money to assist my family and also for charity homes. I was looking for help to win and i went online and i saw so many good testimonies about Dr Kumar on how he help them to win the lottery and i promise myself that i will give him a try and if he help me too i will also publish his name on the net for people to see and get help from him too which i am doing now by writing this testimony. If you also need his help to win the lottery here is his email: spellcasttemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853. I will forever be grateful to you Dr Kumar for what you did for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being truthful, I will immediately share your blog on my Facebook and Instagram platform to many other members of my group and also take the advantage to share with you the new

    UNDETECTED FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOREIGNER USE TO OBTAIN PASSPORTS ABROAD FREELY which many are ignorant of at the moment, it is also the easiest way to obtain dual nationality through this birth certificate in any country. I request your permission to join our 379.3k members TELEGRAM GROUP
    to share with us your daily post for it to also reach my audience. Thanks, I am Scott from Globex, we await you on our platform too.
    You can call me Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SahabatQQ: Agen DominoQQ Agen Domino99 dan Poker Online Aman dan Terpercaya

    Website paling ternama dan paling terpercaya di Asia ^^
    Sistem pelayanan 24 Jam Non-Stop bersama dengan CS Berpengalaman respon tercepat :)
    Memiliki 12 Jenis game yang sangat digemari oleh seluruh peminat poker / domino

    ~ Daftar Dengan Semua Jenis Rekening Bank
    ~ Deposit Pulsa Tanpa Potongan

    Contact Us
    Website SahabatQQ
    WA 1 : +6281210795428
    WA 2 : +855889110527
    LINE : SAHABATQQWIN
    FACEBOOK : SahabatQQ Reborn
    Agen Domino99

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always dreamt of winning BIG in the lottery. I surfed the internet for help to win the lottery massively and I was directed to the DR Amber website. I had a chat with him about what I needed and he assured me that his spell will make me become a lottery winner. He got back to me after 3 days with the numbers that I needed to play the lottery and told me to believe in myself. I felt enveloped by the control of the spell. I took his words and played the Mega Millions Lottery. Two days later, I was sent an email that I've won the sum of 107 Million Dollars. I was shocked and couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Immediately I was given the cash prize, I stopped working. I want to say a very big thank you to DR Amber for helping people like us who really need help. Now I know that there's absolutely nothing too hard for DR Amber to do. To get in touch with him, email : amberlottotemple@yahoo.com or click his webpage URL___ amberlottotemple.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I was reluctant to buy this product immediately because of fear and doubts, I eventually did and it worked for me. My herpes has been cured permanently and I was tested negative. I conducted the test severally after completing the medication and all test results read negative. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made, just give it a trial. You’re almost there”contact drokonsolutionspell@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on his cellphone number+2348051145606

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts