Breezy Night Sky Scarf

This ombre ripple scarf is made with yarn in pretty blues, allowing the pattern to fade through the shades of blue and white. 
I used one skein of Patons Lace in Porcelain with size 6 needles. I used circulars to accommodate the large number of stitches. 

CO 344
 
Row 1 and 4: k across

Row 2: k1, p to last st, k1

Row 3: k1, (yo, k1) 3 times, (k2tog) 6 times, *(yo, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times; rep from * to end to last 4 sts, (yo, k1) 3times, k1

Rep rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired width. 

BO loosely, or using JSSBO. Fasten off and weave in all remaining ends. 

I blocked this lightly, just by wetting it and pinning it out, making sure to pin the ripples. 
I love the Patons Lace yarn, in all their ombre colorways. 
My finished scarf is 9"x75". 
Hope you enjoy this pattern!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

  1. my favorite - feather and fan! Love this! I can't find the Patons Lace anymore - so will have to use a regular fingering. How many yards did you use?

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to find Patons Lace in stores for a few years, so I've been buying it online. A skein of Patons Lace is 498 yards, and I used just about the entire skein, so somewhere around there.

      Delete
    2. thanks so much - I'll check Amazon!

      Linda in VA

      Delete
    3. joann.com still offers it for less than $6/skein! Buy several to make it worth the shipping, though. LOL

      Delete
  2. my favorite - feather and fan! Love this! I can't find the Patons Lace anymore - so will have to use a regular fingering. How many yards did you use?

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite - feather and fan! Love this! I can't find the Patons Lace anymore - so will have to use a regular fingering. How many yards did you use?

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. JSSBO is Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. If you don't know this method, you can easily find a video or tutorial online.

      Delete
  5. unknown i saw your pattern and i thought it looked really nice . i,m making it for the homless and i thought it would be a really good pattern and a really nice scarf for them . what else kinda of patterns for scarfs do u have

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pattern. Thank you so much for sharing. May I ask you a question: What method did you use for the cast-on. Just curious. Thanks so much and Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used the regular single cast on method. I'm sure your favorite method would work too, if you want to use something else.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts