The Katie Scarf

This scarf copies a beautiful, fluffy scarf that a friend of mine owns. Despite my clearly not lacking in the scarf department, she gave me one for my birthday. I knew I had to recreate one!
This scarf uses one skein on Simply Soft Paints In Oceana and about 2/3 of a skein of Simply Soft in Black. Oceana is a smaller skein, so since this is knit alternating colors every row, we don't use as much black. 
I used size 10.5 circular needles, to give this scarf a lot of drape. 
With the black yarn, co 220 sts, long tail method, and join carefully without twisting
Row 1: with Oceana, (k1, p1) around
Row 2: with Black, (k1, p1) around
Co in ribbing loosely. Weave in any remaining ends, and then you're finished!
For this scarf, I just slipped the yarn up, and didn't cut it between each row. 
I really love how soft and fluffy this scarf is. The original scarf was made with yarn a little thicker, and the ribbing was going the other way, knitting short rows and then seaming it together. I decided I wanted it seamless, so I knit it this way. 
My finished scarf is about 12"x52". The texture of this infinity scarf is just so wonderful and plushy. 
I hope you make one of these scarfs!

Comments

Popular Posts