Crystal Bib Necklace

This aqua necklace will be the best part of your outfit on your next day out. Full of glittering beads, you will want to make one in every color. 
Materials: chain, jump rings, several shapes and sizes of beads in the same color, clasp, headpins, bent nose pliers, round nose pliers, and wire cutters. 
Cut a length of chain. Depending on where you would like to have the necklace sit, you can change the length. I went with the shorter route. 
Attach the clasp with jump rings. 
Decide where you would like to have the bib part of your necklace. I decided to only have beads going around the front, and a bit around the side. To make it easier, mark the links with a bent headpin. 
Starting with that first link, attach the first link to the marked link with a jump ring. Attach every link to the one above it. 
Continue attaching the chain. When you get to the other side where you marked the link, cut the chain. You could cut it before, but I found it easier to have the chain attached as I went to get the right length. 
Continue in the same manner for as many more rows as you would like. I made each row three links shorter on either side each row. This gives it a nice tapered shape. 
Thread a bead onto a headpin, bend, trim the excess, and form a loop. Before closing the loop, attach it to a jump ring on the bib of the necklace. Continue adding beads until you have filled in all the jump rings and empty spaces. I found it better to add the beads in size order starting with the larger beads. This helps at the end so you can fill in any smaller spaces with smaller beads. 
I couldn't help myself and made another in periwinkle! This necklace is time consuming, but I think it is so worth it. 
I just love how this necklace catches the light and make a big statement!
Enjoy this necklace!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

  1. Pretty! I love the sparkle and the way it catches the light. I can imagine this idea being really versatile as it would work with all sorts of beads and colours. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one I have GOT to try! I LOVE IT :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts